Saturday, April 15, 2006

Combined Study

Wicked. I actually learned something today; it's just that I learn better when I do it with someone else. Hmm... that also implies that I learnt more than one thing today. Wait... learned or learnt??? Aha! Google time!

Ask Oxford tells me: "These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Learnt is more common in British English, and learned in American English. There are a number of verbs of this type (burn, dream, kneel, lean, leap, spell, spill, spoil etc.). They are all irregular verbs, and this is a part of their irregularity."

It seems I'm not yet finished with the 'learning' thing today. Anyway, since there are only two more chapters to cover in BEE, you could say that I'm feeling more than happy with myself. A highly unusual situation if you ask me since this is me we're talking about and there's one more day before the bell rings. And the best part of today was that me and Arjun (aka Petti, ex-Loyolite, ex-Classmate, Collegiate) went on a ride to Shankhu Mukham beach (blessed the sea with our feet :P) and visited Praveen (ex-Loyolite, ex-Classmate), who lives there. I hit my personal best of 95kmph on my pride and joy ala the HONDA Unicorn on the trip back. I LUV the road that leads from the airport. Shoo Shmoooth! :) I would've hit 100 if Arjun hadn't been shouting 'Nirtheda! Nirtheda! Valavu Varunnudu!'. It turned out that Arjun was right, so no harm done. :D

I'm gonna do the same thing tommorow. I won't study much sitting here at home anyway so the 'something better than nothing' policy takes over. There mightn't be a trip to the beach tomorrow and it's probably better that way since, somehow, a joy ride seems inappropriate on the eve of the Series exam. haha. For now, I'm gonna head over to my big fat TV, grab a pack of Lays and lie back. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erosimian said...

95 with a guy on the back aint bad.

oh i forgot. it was petti. lol!

stryker has hit 110 on his unicorn. had to give it for service afterwards though. :-D

joy ride on eve of series exams?

Fox and frantic used to play CS on the night before Univ exams, and still managed to scrape through.

I don't recommend lazing off in the first year though. Up till S6, its better to be serious about "B*t|e|ch". :-)

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home